Progress, not perfection
Every now and then, I find something that’s so good, I just have to share it.
The Naked Pantry is one of my favourite places to be in Somerset. Of all time.
What is it?
The Naked Pantry is a travelling zero waste store, run by the lovely Zoe. Zoe is a passionate and knowledgeable zero waster with a knack for sourcing clever low-waste alternatives.
Like the other zero waste business owners I’ve met at Lesser Litter and Waste Not Want Not, she’s happy to answer questions. No-one has been judgemental about where I am on my zero waste journey so far, and Zoe is no exception. For her the mantra seems to be ‘progress, not perfection’. And she’s always ready to help me progress.
What does The Naked Pantry sell?
There are lots of goodies on offer at The Naked Pantry. Here are a few highlights:
- Beautiful mineral makeup packaged in paper, with accompanying storage tins if you need them
- Delicious loose leaf tea blends, coffee beans and ground coffee
- Soaps, shampoos, body lotions, razors and shaving sets
- Reusables such as bamboo straws, coffee cups and produce bags
- Store cupboard staples including rice, nuts, muesli and spices
- Treats such as chocolate covered brazil nuts and banana chips
There’s also a lot more to choose from, with new product ranges being added all the time. The stall is well worth a weekly visit, and Zoe also offers a delivery service.
What should you bring?
I usually shop with a mix of reusable bags, plastic tubs, glass jars and bottles. When I shop at the Wells Market, I usually nip to a nearby fruit and veg stand once I’ve finishes my shopping at The Naked Pantry.
Zoe also keeps a stash of paper bags handy, and you can buy reusable produce bags from the stall.
Where to find The Naked Pantry
- Wells Market – Saturdays 9am – 4pm, The Market Place
- Street Market – Thursdays 9am – 4pm, The High Street / Farm Road