Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Cookies help me to:
- Make my website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed and security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks, such as Facebook
- Continuously improve the website for you
- Make my marketing more efficient
- Collect any sensitive information
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
What cookies do I use?
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. cookie opt in)
Third party functions
This site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is Google Analytics. Disabling these cookies may break the functions offered by these third parties, such as an embedded YouTube video.
You can easily like or share my content using the sharing buttons on this site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Visitor statistics cookies
This helps me to continuously improve the website. Analytics programs also tell me how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before.
I have a number of partners who I help to promote. Cookies are required to allow them to reward my successes. Neither myself nor my partners use these cookies to identify you personally.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings (learn how here). Doing so may limit the functionality of a large proportion of the world’s websites.
You may have concerns around cookies and Spyware. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you, may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with anti-spyware software.
Credit where it’s due…
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing, an agency based in Edinburgh. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.